Soft drinks gives us a kick. We may feel that it freshens and rejuvenates our body. But, you are wrong. Many researches and experiments have stated that soft drinks are harmful for our body.It not only decreases the efficiency of our immune system but also has an adverse effect on the digestive system and intestines. If you are addicted to it or was addicted at some point of time, you might have realised what it does to the body with all the toxic preservatives and chemicals added to it.
Some harsh facts about the soft drinks that you should know before drinking them again.
- It has various toxic chemicals in them. 4-methylimidazole is one of them. It is found in almost every soft drink. It causes cancer. A test of more than 100 soft drinks was done and it was found in every soft drink at varying levels. It should be a concern to a large number of people who are consuming these drinks.
- It can lower your fertility. Yes, you read it right. According to an experiment, people consuming soda drinks have a lower fertility rate than the people who don’t consume it. If you are planning to have a child in the near future, you must cut out the consumption of soft drinks from your daily routine permanently.
- It can even cause strokes. People consuming soft drinks are at a higher risk for getting strokes.
- It increases the bad cholesterol in our body. It means that it has a huge amount of sugar supplements added to make it sweeter and to increase its consumption.High amount of sugar intake can cause many kinds of cardiovascular diseases, increase in blood pressure and sugar level of the body.
- It creates belly fat and lead to weight gain. Because a lot of preservatives and artificial sugars added to them.
- Methamphetamines is a drug that is also used in soft drinks as preservatives. It leads to the erosion and decay of your teeth.
- It is high in calories. You won’t feel like eating anything after you drink a glass of soda. It doesn’t have any kind of vitamins and minerals. But, it would definitely give you an illusion that your stomach is full.
- It also has an adverse affect on your. Kidneys. Nobody wants to age faster but soft drinks fasten up the process of aging.
- It makes our muscles weaker and reduces our strength.
Why take such risks in a small life? You can switch to better alternatives.
- You can drink juice of various fibrous fruits and vegetables. They are rich in minerals and vitamins. It also makes our body strong. Including them in your breakfast option can be a great initiative towards lifestyle modification.
- You can also have tea or coffee instead of soft drinks. Though, they are harmful if taken in an excessive quantity, but works great if you have a headache or if you are feeling sleepy or lazy.