India known for its Biodiversity contains a relatively high proportion of agricultural land and outstanding agro-climatic conditions making its people to highly rely on agriculture. India is greatly interested in nurturing the development of agriculture and agricultural research. Indian Council of Agricultural Body (ICAR) is a government autonomous body in India with an objective to strengthen Agricultural research in India.
To ensure the progression of agricultural education, ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) PG. This exam focuses on providing admissions in accredited colleges of accredited Agricultural Universities for various master degree programs in the disciplines of Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary, Animal Sciences, Fisheries, Dairy Science, Horticulture, Agri. Engineering, Community Science (erstwhile Home Science), and other allied sciences on 25% of the seats available. As per the available seats in each discipline and the overall merit-rank of this examination, 600 candidates will be given ICAR (PG) Scholarships.
The ICAR AIEEA (PG) exams are conducted in around 87 cities all over India mostly in the month of July every year. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the examination conducting body of ICAR AIEEA (PG).
NATIONALITY: Only Indians
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT: At least 19 years
- The candidates must have passed graduation with four/six (10+6 B.Sc. Ag.)/five years’ (B.V.Sc. & AH) degree programme from any recognized University.
- Candidates should have completed B.V.Sc. & A.H. with internship before the date of admission in the allotted university for admission in M.V.Sc.
- The Candidate must have passed Bachelor degree examination securing Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 2.60/4.00 in four-point scale , 3.25/5.00 in five-point scale, 6.60/10.00 in ten-point scale for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Person with Disability (PwD) candidates, the said requirement is an OGPA of at least 2.20/4.40, 2.75/5.00, 5.60/10.00 respectively (or) the candidate should have secured at least 50% marks for SC/ST/PwD categories and at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED:
- Candidates qualified from any private Agricultural Universities/Colleges not accredited by ICAR will not be considered for admission through ICAR AIEEA (PG).
- In case any degree from a particular college/university is not considered for admission by an Agricultural University or any particular college/university has been derecognized by UGC/VCI or due to any Court directives (present or future) ICAR will not be responsible for admitting students of that college/university in the Universities not interested to admit such candidates.
- The candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years duration will not be considered for admission through this exam 2019 in AUs under ICAR-Agricultural University (AU) system except in two ICAR DUs, viz. NDRI, IARI.
If you are eligible to be admitted in any one of these agricultural universities, you can refer further information on application procedure, necessary documents and others in these official websites www.icar.org.in / www.ntaicar.nic.in / www.nta.ac.in.
“Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success”- Shiv Khera