IITs and IISc are institutions of great significance and popularity in India. Students all over India prefer studying in any one of the IITs and IISc over any other institutions. These institutions provide high-quality education in science & technology, engineering, and research with an aim to create a solid foundation of knowledge, pursue excellence and improve creativity within an intellectually inspiriting atmosphere. The vibrant environment embracing academics and research is captivating students to pursue their Research and Development professions in frontier regions of basic sciences and interdisciplinary regions of science and technology.
Since 2004, the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is conducted to provide admissions to various degree programs such as M.Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph. D., and M.Sc.-Ph. D. Dual Degree. Programs in the IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes in IISc for consolidating Science are of great demand owing to the top quality education provided in their respective area, that can be compared to the very best in the entire world. The curricula of these programs are set up with a motive to enlighten students with academic skills and knowledge that would endow them a challenging and rewarding professional life.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should mandatorily have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI with no rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, such as languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) must be at least 50 percent or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category applicants and 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates.
POINTS TO BE NOTED
- For Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (rather than percent of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be determined by the Admitting Institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) as provided by the Admitting Institute must be submitted.
- All admitted candidates will need to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form at the time of entrance
If eligible, please refer the official link http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in to obtain further details and to apply for this examination.
“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest”- Ben Franklin