There are various entrance examinations conducted in India to shower opportunities of higher education and research for candidates belonging to biological sciences background. The Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB) is conducted every year for providing admission to various courses falling under in the department of biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). The National Testing Agency ( NTA) is responsible for conducting these examinations. This exam is conducted for availing M.Sc. Biotechnology (33 universities), M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology (11 universities) and M.V.Sc. admission (3 universities) to its 54 member Universities. By qualifying for this exam, the candidate is allowed to pursue their desired biotechnology course from any of the affiliated universities.
Bachelor’s degree in the 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in specific subjects shown hereunder against each university:
- For Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat: B.Sc. (Agri.), B.Sc (Hort), B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology) from any recognized university. Graduates who are from the general stream can also be admitted if the seat remains vacant, but, they will have to undergo extra 20 credit hours bridge course
- For CH. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur: Agricultural biotechnology, Horticulture, Forestry, and Agriculture.
- For G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar: Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry. Students from Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. in ZBC/PCM and B.Sc. (Biotechnology) are also eligible.
- For Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur: Biotechnology (Agriculture), forestry, Agriculture, or horticulture with a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent OGPA.
- For Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur: Horticulture, agriculture, or Forestry
- For Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra): B.Sc./B. Tech. in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Bioinformatics (03/04 Yrs.), Agri. Biotechnology from recognized University with CGPA of at least 6.5 on 10 scale or 65% marks.
- For Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar: Candidates should have qualified Bachelor Degree (four years) in Forestry/Agriculture/Horticulture from recognized University securing minimum 55% marks.
- For Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore: Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Forestry, Agriculture or B. Tech in Bioinformatics/ Horticulture / Biotechnology under the 10+2+4 pattern of education with minimum 70% marks or equivalent OGPA of at least 3.00/4.00 or 7.00/10.00 from a recognized University. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the qualifying degree is fairly enough.
- For University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore: Horticulture, Agriculture, Seri-culture or forestry or B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology/B. Tech. [Biotechnology]/ B. Sc (Ag. Biotech)/ B. Sc (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized University
- For University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad: Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Forestry, B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology)/B. Tech (Biotechnology)/B.Sc. (Ag. Biotech.)/B. Sc. (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized universities.
- For Rajendra Agricultural University, Bihar, Pusa: Bachelor’s degree in Biology (BZC)/ Biotechnology/Horticulture/Microbiology/Agriculture. Candidates with Bachelor Degree in Biology should spend 3 years in M.Sc. program
- For the Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar: A.H. & B.V.Sc. degree from a recognized university with OGPA of at least 6.0/10.0 or equivalent.
- For Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati: B.V.Sc. & A.H. or equivalent degree from a recognized university with at least CGPA of 6.00 in 10.00 scale or 2.60 in 4.00 scale.
Please do visit the official website http://www.jnu.ac.in/main/ to gain further knowledge on exam pattern, syllabus, selection procedure, etc.
“Knowledge is of no use unless you put it into practice”– Anton Chekhov