We all know that vaccination forms the significant part of the public health since it aids to prevent the spread of deadly, dangerous, and contagious diseases such as polio, mumps, whooping cough, chicken pox, measles, diphtheria, and Human Papilloma Virus(HPV). With regard to the number of doses produced and sold globally, Serum Institute of India Private Ltd. is the world’s largest Vaccine manufacturer. This institute was established in 1966 by Dr. Cyrus S. Poonawalla, keeping in view of the shortage of life-saving immuno-biologicals in India. Being the chairman and managing director of this institute, he strongly believes in “No compromise in quality”, and is sincerely committed to ensuring health for all with affordable vaccines.
Serum Institute of India Private Ltd. is persistent in providing vaccines for r-Hepatitis B, Measles, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Mumps, Polio, Rubella, Pertussis, Hib, and BCG with its high-tech machinery and computerized equipment. These manufacturing facilities are steadily upgraded to comply with cGMP regulations. Implementing various technological advancements, the institute vehemently desires to provide high- quality products with efficient screening. The endeavors of the core R&D team focuses on improvising the methods of vaccine delivery and developing vaccines that will satisfy the specific needs of various segments of the global market. The products that are sold overseas comprises of Bacterial vaccines, Polysaccharide conjugate vaccines, viral vaccines, influenza vaccines, anti-sera, Uro-oncology, recombinant products, and several combination vaccines. Serum Institute of India is greatly motivating us by proving that progress is not only about how they grow but how they make a difference in the lives of others.
FACTS TO KNOW
- Mr Adar C. Poonawalla is the CEO of Serum Institute of India Private Limited, Pune.
- Dr Cyrus S. Poonawalla is ranked as the 10th richest man in India.
- In 1994, Serum Institute of India got accredited by the World Health Organization (WHO) to export vaccines to other countries from India.
- 65% of the children in the world receive at-least one vaccine produced by Serum Institute of India Private Limited.
- The vaccines manufactured by this institute are exported to more than 170 countries globally.