To know why digital marketing has a great scope in the future, one has to know what is digital marketing. As Wikipedia says Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium. Digital Marketing is the alternative to traditional marketing that includes advertising through newspapers, radio, televisions, and posters. This form of traditional was practiced for many years and it is still ongoing. On the other hand with the increased internet usage where most of us are becoming netizens the scope of digital marketing is increasing day by day. Does an advertisement for a company reach more audiences through newspapers or social media? Reports tell that Indians spend 70% of mobile internet time on social media and so advertising through these digital platforms would be far more useful.
From shopping to booking, paying bills to selling things digital medium has made the process very much simpler. We would choose to order food to deliver on our doorsteps than to go out in the scorching heat and that way we have chosen the way of digital living. Don’t we see the ads in between the Instagram stories and youtube videos? Have you ever wondered the ad for the product you searched on amazon a day before shows when you are busy using google for some other purpose? All those come under digital marketing. There are some important core modules of digital marketing which are briefed below.
Core Modules of Digital Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimisation(SEO): The process of optimizing your website to rank higher in search engine result pages, thereby increasing the amount of traffic to your website. That is to understand “How to get your website on the first page of google search results?” since no one ever notices the page after 2.
- Search Engine Marketing: The process that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages through paid advertising. That is to understand “How to pay so that your website can be on page 1 of google search results?”.
- Social Media Marketing: Using social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn to promote the brand and content on social media channels to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for the business.
- Email Marketing: Using email to connect to the audience to promote contents, events, as well as to direct people toward the business website. All those spam messages in the inbox of your mail is a way of email marketing.
- Web Analytics: The process of analyzing the behavior of visitors to a web site. It would be fruitless to send ads to people who would never buy the product. So this is used to analyze and target customers who have a higher possibility of buying the product.
- Inbound Marketing: The process used to attract, engage, and delight the customers. It is designed to draw potential customers in, rather than outwardly pushing a brand, product or service.
All those above were a general briefing to the modules of digital marketing which has a lot more to study about. Becoming a specialist in these modules can make you a master in digital marketing. When the world is becoming digitalized being a master of it sounds great right? Indeed it is. There are ample of opportunities in various fields and industries for people who knew digital marketing since all those industries are seeking the digital platform for their growth. Whether you are a student, job seeker, working professional or entrepreneur, digital marketing has a great scope in the future if you know it right.